Query on Riak Search in a cluster of 3 nodes behind ELB is giving different result everytime

Zeeshan Lakhani zlakhani at basho.com
Thu Mar 5 09:35:32 EST 2015


Hello Santi, 

Have you deleted an object in that bucket/index at some point? 

Please make sure AAE is running by checking search’s AAE status, `riak-admin search aae-status`, and that data exists in the correct directory, `./data/yz_anti_entropy` (http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/ops/advanced/configs/search/). 

You may just need to perform a read-repair by performing a fetch of the object itself first, before performing search queries again.

Thanks.

Zeeshan Lakhani
programmer | 
software engineer at @basho | 
org. member/founder of @papers_we_love | paperswelove.org
twitter => @zeeshanlakhani

> On Mar 4, 2015, at 9:06 PM, Santi Kumar <santi at veradocs.com> wrote:
> 
> But in our case we didnt have spaces in keys. All our keys are UUID's so I wouldn't suspect that. AAE I haven't verified .
> 
> On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 7:16 AM, John O'Brien <boardom at gmail.com <mailto:boardom at gmail.com>> wrote:
> I'd lean towards AAE issues on Yokozuna... Same problems we were having with our 'spaces-in-keys' issue... Once we cleaned those up, things were great again.
> 
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 8:36 PM, Santi Kumar <santi at veradocs.com <mailto:santi at veradocs.com>> wrote:
> Raik 2.0.0
> 
> On Mar 5, 2015 12:31 AM, "Christopher Meiklejohn" <cmeiklejohn at basho.com <mailto:cmeiklejohn at basho.com>> wrote:
> 
> > On Mar 4, 2015, at 1:15 PM, Santi Kumar <santi at veradocs.com <mailto:santi at veradocs.com>> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > We are running into a strange issue with Riak Search. Our setup is with 3 nodes of Riak (with search enabled) in 3 different  ec2 instances behind ELB. App server talks to the cluster through ELB. We are querying for list of objects through *:* query instead of list bucket keys and every time the result is different. We have only 4 objects in that bucket / index, only few times it's giving all 4 but ofther it returns 2 or 3.
> >
> > This wasn't happening when we have one instance of Riak. Any insight?
> 
> Hi Santi,
> 
> Can you provide information regarding what versions of Riak you are running?
> 
> - Chris
> 
> Christopher Meiklejohn
> Senior Software Engineer
> Basho Technologies, Inc.
> cmeiklejohn at basho.com <mailto:cmeiklejohn at basho.com>
> _______________________________________________
> riak-users mailing list
> riak-users at lists.basho.com <mailto:riak-users at lists.basho.com>
> http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com <http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com>
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> riak-users mailing list
> riak-users at lists.basho.com
> http://lists.basho.com/mailman/listinfo/riak-users_lists.basho.com

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.basho.com/pipermail/riak-users_lists.basho.com/attachments/20150305/b66b4fc5/attachment-0002.html>


More information about the riak-users mailing list