Riak - which O.S. to use?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 11:09:09 EST 2015

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 9:51 AM, Luke Bakken <lbakken at basho.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Use an operating system that is officially supported:
> http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/downloads/
>
> Aside from that, your choice of OS should be dictated by your ops
> team's familiarity with it and benchmarking on your specific hardware.
> There is no single best choice.

How long do you want the systems to run, maintaining security and
bugfix updates for the OS but not API changes that may affect your
application or needing disruptive re-installs?    If that might be
important, I'd expect RHEL7/CentOS7 to be a reasonable choice in terms
of the planned end-of-life date.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com