Query on Riak Search in a cluster of 3 nodes behind ELB is giving different result everytime

Zeeshan Lakhani zlakhani at basho.com
Thu Mar 5 12:11:14 EST 2015

Hello Santi, Baskar. Please keep your messages on the user group mailing list, btw. Thanks.

Here’s an example of our testing harness’s wait_for_index function, https://github.com/basho/yokozuna/blob/develop/riak_test/yz_rt.erl#L420 <https://github.com/basho/yokozuna/blob/develop/riak_test/yz_rt.erl#L420>. We check for the index on each of the nodes, which is an approach you can take.

And, as I mentioned, I’m currently working on making Index creation synchronous to make this easier.

If your logs are not pointing to any errors and being that your bucket, index contains so few objects, I’d delete or mv the search-root/index directory (./data/yz/<<index_name>>) and let AAE resync the data, which should then give you consistent results.

Thanks.