Still getting peaks on solr queries

Zeeshan Lakhani zlakhani at basho.com
Fri Mar 6 17:07:45 EST 2015

Hello Alexander,

I would definitely take a look at how much RAM each node has. You can adjust the max heap size in riak.conf by changing search.solr.jvm_options max heap size values from -Xmx1g to -Xmx2g or more. I’d also take a look at http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/ops/advanced/configs/search/#Solr-for-Operators <http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/ops/advanced/configs/search/#Solr-for-Operators>, which has links to Solr performance issues/factors and ways to monitor Solr.

You can get more statistical information for search by using `riak-admin stat show <statistic>`. Our documentation of these statistics is still in progress, but you can see what’s available for search here: https://github.com/basho/yokozuna/blob/develop/src/yz_stat.erl#L92 <https://github.com/basho/yokozuna/blob/develop/src/yz_stat.erl#L92>.

Thanks.

Zeeshan Lakhani
programmer |
software engineer at @basho |