Yokozuna - Solr won't start, keeps throwing OutOfMemoryErrors

Zeeshan Lakhani zlakhani at basho.com
Tue Mar 10 16:53:36 EDT 2015

Hello Cezary,

I’d monitor your system's memory as well as the JVM’s memory usage (http://visualvm.java.net/ <http://visualvm.java.net/>). Solr’s documentation on OutofMemoryErrors is here -> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPerformanceFactors#OutOfMemoryErrors <http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPerformanceFactors#OutOfMemoryErrors>. Updating search.solr.jvm_options should alleviate most issues however.

Zeeshan Lakhani
programmer |
software engineer at @basho |
org. member/founder of @papers_we_love | paperswelove.org