Riak Recap - March 13 2015
mbrender at basho.com
Fri Mar 13 12:40:09 EDT 2015
Welcome back to The Recap. We're trying out another new format this week.
The first change you'll notice is that we're going with plaintext this time. Do you like it? Do you prefer Markdown?
* Give a definitive answer in this 3 question survey: https://surveyplanet.com/5501f6ac52dada35360b26a5
## Important announcements
We've had two advisories worth noting:
* Advisory in response to POODLE security concern
* Advisory for 2.0.4 and Map Data Type Disk Incompatibility
Both are available here: http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/community/product-advisories/
## Recently answered
* Christopher answered a question on link walking data modeling 
* There is a great thread on recommended Operating System for Riak starting here 
* Shawn found a discrepancy between Riak CS & S3 for setting ACLs and opened an issue for it 
* Steve & Zeeshan have a dialogue about this known issue with Solr 
* Patrick ran into a Riak CS disagreement with URLs that's a known issue 
* And there are more Riak CS & Solr conversations that can be reviewed here 
## Still open
I found no threads that I needed to ask people to help solve this week. That's exciting!
## Event news
* NYC Riak Meetup happening this Wednesday - you can sign up here 
* Incredible engineers are speaking at Erlang Factory at the end of the month 
* We have a speaking slot at Enterprise Data World in D.C. 
* Manu and others will be at NoSQL Matters Paris 
## For the weekend
* Former Basho CTO Justin Sheehy wrote on the challenges of time in distributed systems, titled "There is No Now" 
Thanks for reading!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the riak-users