Trouble with Riak Search JSON Extractor

Matt Brooks mtbrooks33 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 16:13:55 EDT 2015

Hello,

I have a quick question about a search schema that would index an array of
strings in a JSON object. I am storing user data in JSON that looks
something like this:

{
   "name" : "John Smith",
   "email" : "jsmith at gmail.com",
   "groups" : [
      "3304cf79",
      "abe155cf"
   ]}

The custom schema I use for users includes this field entry:

<field name="groups" type="string" indexed="true" stored="false"
multiValued="true"/>

I also have the following field type entry:

<fieldType name="string" class="solr.StrField" sortMissingLast="true"/>

I assumed that these entries would allow me to search for users using a
query like:

curl $RIAK/search/query/user?wt=json&q=groups:3304cf79

But no docs are returned. I'm almost certain I have an issue with my
schema. How can I query users by string entries in the "groups" array?

Thank you,
Matt.