Riak2.0 with Solr Search: index on one node contains not all entries

Zeeshan Lakhani zlakhani at basho.com
Wed Mar 25 10:10:44 EDT 2015

Hello Michael,

First off, that section of the docs related to search index repair that you linked to is not referring to Riak Search 2.0 with Solr, and the link itself is actually pointing to Riak 1.4.7. We’ll update them accordingly for the current incarnation of Riak Search (for the 2.0 series).

Just to be sure, does your custom schema include the required fields, as mentioned in the docs: http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/dev/advanced/search-schema/#Custom-Schemas? <http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/dev/advanced/search-schema/#Custom-Schemas?> Are these Riak nodes joined? What’s your ring size, n_val value?

How are you querying the Solr nodes to know which node has the data and which one doesn't? Coverage is R=1, so you would be getting a different number on some search queries (using the standard /search/query/<index_name>?...) if its only on one of the Solr cores.

Can you also post me a screenshot of your search AAE exchanges, e.g. `riak-admin search aae-status`? You could look at this thread, http://lists.basho.com/pipermail/riak-users_lists.basho.com/2015-March/016926.html <http://lists.basho.com/pipermail/riak-users_lists.basho.com/2015-March/016926.html>, for answers on how to perform read-repair/repair the AAE tree.

Thanks.

Zeeshan Lakhani
programmer |
software engineer at @basho |