Riak2.0 with Solr Search: index on one node contains not all entries

Michael Weibel michael.weibel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 11:02:53 EDT 2015

Hi Zeeshan,

Thanks for your answer.

> Just to be sure, does your custom schema include the required fields, as
> mentioned in the docs:
> http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/dev/advanced/search-schema/#Custom-Schemas?

Yes, I double checked that now to make sure, and the schema includes the
required fields.

>  Are these Riak nodes joined? What’s your ring size, n_val value?

They run in a cluster, yes. Output of "riak-admin status":

ring_creation_size : 64
ring_members : ['riak at IPADDRESS','riak at IPADDRESS']
ring_num_partitions : 64
ring_ownership : <<"[{'riak at IPADDRESS',32},{'riak at IPADDRESS',32}]">>
rings_reconciled : 0
rings_reconciled_total : 33

n_val is 3, the initial one. According to the docs we should probably
either add another node or reduce it to "2" though..correct? (Sorry, newbie
in riak here :D)

> How are you querying the Solr nodes to know which node has the data and
> which one doesn't? Coverage is R=1, so you would be getting a different
> number on some search queries (using the standard
> /search/query/<index_name>?...) if its only on one of the Solr cores.

Yes exactly. That's how I figured out that there's a difference, later on I
queried the separate Solr instances using the solr admin interface itself.
I also then fetched the missing key on both the riak nodes (without going
to solr, just fetching it directly using the riak HTTP API) and they exist
on both nodes.

> Can you also post me a screenshot of your search AAE exchanges, e.g.
> `riak-admin search aae-status`? You could look at this thread,
> http://lists.basho.com/pipermail/riak-users_lists.basho.com/2015-March/016926.html,
> for answers on how to perform read-repair/repair the AAE tree.

aae-status is in the .log file attached.

So you'd propose to perform a read-repair on the AAE tree?

Best,
Michael