Unable to start riak in ubuntu after changing IP address

Charlie Voiselle cvoiselle at basho.com
Wed May 27 11:28:58 EDT 2015

Sambit:

If you change the `nodename` on a node after starting it, you will create a condition where the node will no longer be able to find its name in the ring at startup and the startup will fail.  If this is a single node cluster, you can just wipe the contents of `/var/lib/riak/ring` and a new ring will be generated.  If you need to do this for multiple nodes, I would encourage you to review http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/ops/running/nodes/renaming/ <http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/ops/running/nodes/renaming/> which is fairly exhaustive on the subject of renaming nodes.

Hope this gets you back up and going,

Charlie Voiselle
Client Services, Basho