Getting Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder

Magnus Kessler mkessler at basho.com
Wed Nov 18 12:42:16 EST 2015

On 18 November 2015 at 03:40, Rohan Kalambekar <r.kalambekar at tvilight.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to RIAK, I am trying to search data in RIAK bucket using
> secondary indexes.
>
> I am getting this exception while executing the sample TasteOfRiak.java
> class available on RIAK website.

> io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder
>
> The problem the logs point is for RIAKNode
>

>  RiakNode node = new RiakNode.Builder().withRemoteAddress("10.0.0.250")
>                 .withRemotePort(8087).build();
>
> Please find the attached error logs.
>
> Regards,
> Rohan

Hi Rohan,

please make sure that all necessary dependencies are available on the
classpath. For netty, you'll need the netty jar (e.g.
netty-all-4.0.17.Final.jar).

Please have a look at the maven pom here[0] for required dependencies.

Regards,

Magnus

[0] https://github.com/basho/riak-java-client/blob/develop/pom.xml

--
Magnus Kessler
Client Services Engineer

Registered Office - 8 Lincoln’s Inn Fields London WC2A 3BP Reg 07970431