Unable to create anonymous user

Dmitri Zagidulin dzagidulin at basho.com
Wed Nov 25 11:54:48 EST 2015

Ben,

Not sure what to advise. Your configs look ok.
I just downloaded a fresh copy of Riak CS 2.0.1, Stanchion, and a fresh
Riak 2.
I set up the configs just as you have (changing only the paths in
advanced.config to match my machine).
Cutting and pasting your curl line seems to result in correct user creation.
So, the dreaded "Works For Me (tm)".

The only thing I can think of is - double and triple-check all involved
firewalls.
Searching about for that error message let me to this thread:
http://riak-users.197444.n3.nabble.com/adding-auth-user-not-valid-td4033452.html

Which indicates that the error message can be caused by CS not being able
to access Stanchion. You mentioned that you can telnet into stanchion_host
from the riak node. Is Stanchion set to listen to the correct IP and port?

Dmitri