Performance with riak can't reach expected

Matthew Brender mbrender at basho.com
Fri Oct 2 11:51:48 EDT 2015

Hi Yang Zhang,

To Ruan's point above, there are a number of variables to keep in mind
when measuring performance.

If you have the option to use a recommended testing framework, please
read about basho_bench [1]. If you have to test using whatever you
currently use for consistency across systems, please outline what
you're using to test and what requirements you would like to achieve.

For more on tuning Riak to balance consistency and availability, this
article ons system performance tuning is a great place to look [2].

[1] http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/ops/building/benchmarking/
[2] http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/ops/tuning/linux/

Matt Brender | Developer Advocacy Lead
Basho Technologies