Yokozuna indexes too slow

Luke Bakken lbakken at basho.com
Fri Oct 2 11:53:56 EDT 2015


Hi Ilya,

Along with all of Fred's excellent recommendations, make sure that
Riak and the JVM aren't fighting for RAM. The default is for LevelDB
to take up to 70% of system RAM, leaving the remaining 30% for the
rest of the erlang VM as well as the JVM and operating system.

Monitoring system RAM usage by process should show if this is happening.

Also, if you would like to run "riak-debug" on a node and share the
generated tar file (via dropbox, for instance), it may uncover system
tuning that can be done.

--
Luke Bakken
Engineer
lbakken at basho.com

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 11:18 PM, ilyas <i.sergeev at keepsolid.com> wrote:
>
> # create bucket type for leleldb backend
> sudo /usr/sbin/riak-admin bucket-type create leveldb
> '{"props":{"backend":"leveldb_mult"}}'
> sudo /usr/sbin/riak-admin bucket-type activate leveldb
>




More information about the riak-users mailing list