Java Riak client can't handle a Riak node failure?

Dmitri Zagidulin dzagidulin at basho.com
Wed Oct 7 08:29:38 EDT 2015

Hi Vanessa,

Riak is definitely meant to run behind a load balancer. (Or, at the worst
case, to be load-balanced on the client side. That is, all clients connect
to all 4 nodes).

When you say "we did try putting all 4 Riak nodes behind a load-balancer
and pointing the clients at it, but it didn't help." -- what do you mean
exactly, by "it didn't help"? What happened when you tried using the load
balancer?