RiakKV and RiakS2 co-existing

Emyr James ej4 at sanger.ac.uk
Sat Oct 24 13:15:58 EDT 2015

Hi,
I've started to use RiakKV on an 11 node cluster. So far it seems to be
working reasonably well for my application although I occasionally hit
Timeouts on inserts and have to keep retrying in my python client.
I'm interested in giving RiakS2 a trial and given that I already have
Riak installed on my nodes can I layer RiakS2 on top of my existing Riak
cluster that I'm using as a key value store or should I run multiple
riak instances listening on different ports for the 2 differing use cases ?
Cheers,
Emyr