Cluster ready status for Riak S2

Vitaly E 13vitamins at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 09:13:26 EDT 2016

Actually, 'riak-admin wait-for-service <service> <nodename>' can be a good
way of checking if a Riak service has fully started. For example, 'riak-admin
wait-for-service riak_kv riak at 127.0.0.1' (
http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/ops/running/tools/riak-admin/#wait-for-service,
more details in http://littleriakbook.com/). This command will exit when
the service is finally up. A list of available services can be printed using
'riak-admin services'. I believe it should work with Riak S2 as well as
Riak KV.

Best,
Vitaly