[ANN] Riak TS v1.4 is released
Chris.Johnson at vaisala.com
Chris.Johnson at vaisala.com
Wed Aug 31 13:20:31 EDT 2016
Very cool. Thank you!
From: riak-users <riak-users-bounces at lists.basho.com> on behalf of Eric Johnson <ejohnson at basho.com>
Date: Monday, August 29, 2016 at 8:34 AM
To: "riak-users at lists.basho.com" <riak-users at lists.basho.com>
Subject: Re: [ANN] Riak TS v1.4 is released
Hey Chris, thanks for the heads up.
We’re looking into issues #2 and #4, but we went ahead and fixed #1 and #3 here<http://docs.basho.com/riak/ts/1.4.0/setup/upgrading/>. Let us know if anything else comes up!
On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 2:03 PM, <Chris.Johnson at vaisala.com<mailto:Chris.Johnson at vaisala.com>> wrote:
We ran this rolling upgrade yesterday and it seemed to mostly work!
A couple problems we encountered:
1. The command under item 6 on this page http://docs.basho.com/riak/ts/1.4.0/setup/upgrading/ did not work for us. We had to replace “riak_ts” with “riak_kv”.
2. There were some transient errors from our clients about the server not supporting CRDTs (specifically sets):
a. Riak::ProtobuffsErrorResponse: Expected success from Riak but received 0. `set` is not a supported type
3. The upgrade instructions weren’t clear about the fact that you need to update your riak.conf if you have any non-default settings before doing the “riak start” step.
4. There was a unit change for riak_kv.query.timeseries.timeout (previously timeseries_query_timeout_ms) in riak.conf that wasn’t clear to us from the upgrade instructions. We were under the impression that only the names had changed.
From: riak-users <riak-users-bounces at lists.basho.com<mailto:riak-users-bounces at lists.basho.com>> on behalf of Pavel Hardak <pavel at basho.com<mailto:pavel at basho.com>>
Date: Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 7:27 PM
To: "riak-users at lists.basho.com<mailto:riak-users at lists.basho.com>" <riak-users at lists.basho.com<mailto:riak-users at lists.basho.com>>
Cc: Product Team <product at basho.com<mailto:product at basho.com>>
Subject: [ANN] Riak TS v1.4 is released
Dear Riak users,
Earlier today we have released Riak TS v1.4. This is well-rounded release, combining several new features, number of incremental improvements and bug fixes. Please upgrade your Riak TS clusters or if you still did not, take it for the spin. Any feedback, good or bad, is welcome. We do listen.
Release notes: http://docs.basho.com/riak/ts/1.4.0/releasenotes/
The new and improved features are:
• (NEW) GROUP BY statement can be used in SELECT queries. This allows to condense the result set using one of Riak TS aggregation functions. 
• (NEW) Users can now use textual date/time representations (per ISO 8601) in Riak TS SQL statements, without the need to translate to milliseconds before issuing the commands. 
• (NEW) Global object expiration (a.k.a. TTL - time to leave) at the backend (LevelDB) level allows efficiently remove aged data from Riak TS. 
• (NEW) Added SHOW TABLES command to list Riak TS tables from Riak Shell. This is in addition to riak-admin ‘bucket-type list’, which also works. 
• (NEW) Added official support for Debian 8 Jessie, dropped Debian 6. 
• (IMPROVED) DESCRIBE <table> command now returns quantum information, in addition to the columns names, types and primary key. 
• (IMPROVED) Fine grained security using Riak TS specific permissions. 
• (IMPROVED) Rolling upgrade and downgrade to and from Riak TS 1.3.1. 
• … many documentation and performance improvements.
• Riak® TS<http://basho.com/products/riak-ts/>
• Basho Blog<http://basho.com/blog/>
• Source Code<https://github.com/basho/riak/releases/tag/riak_ts-1.4.0>
Director of Product Management, Basho Technologies
riak-users mailing list
riak-users at lists.basho.com<mailto:riak-users at lists.basho.com>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the riak-users