[ANN] Riak TS v1.4 is released

Chris.Johnson at vaisala.com Chris.Johnson at vaisala.com
Wed Aug 31 13:20:31 EDT 2016

Hey Eric,

Very cool. Thank you!

From: riak-users <riak-users-bounces at lists.basho.com> on behalf of Eric Johnson <ejohnson at basho.com>
Date: Monday, August 29, 2016 at 8:34 AM
To: "riak-users at lists.basho.com" <riak-users at lists.basho.com>
Subject: Re: [ANN] Riak TS v1.4 is released

Hey Chris, thanks for the heads up.

We’re looking into issues #2 and #4, but we went ahead and fixed #1 and #3 here<http://docs.basho.com/riak/ts/1.4.0/setup/upgrading/>. Let us know if anything else comes up!

On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 2:03 PM, <Chris.Johnson at vaisala.com<mailto:Chris.Johnson at vaisala.com>> wrote:
We ran this rolling upgrade yesterday and it seemed to mostly work!

A couple problems we encountered:

1.       The command under item 6 on this page http://docs.basho.com/riak/ts/1.4.0/setup/upgrading/ did not work for us. We had to replace “riak_ts” with “riak_kv”.

2.       There were some transient errors from our clients about the server not supporting CRDTs (specifically sets):

a.       Riak::ProtobuffsErrorResponse: Expected success from Riak but received 0. `set` is not a supported type

3.       The upgrade instructions weren’t clear about the fact that you need to update your riak.conf if you have any non-default settings before doing the “riak start” step.

4.       There was a unit change for riak_kv.query.timeseries.timeout (previously timeseries_query_timeout_ms) in riak.conf that wasn’t clear to us from the upgrade instructions. We were under the impression that only the names had changed.

chris