A Solr join query in Riak KV?

Joe Olson technology at nododos.com
Mon Feb 8 14:36:36 EST 2016

I'm trying to get a Solr join query to work on our Riak KV cluster.

The Solr join query is documented here:

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/Join

Using the example under the "Compared to SQL" heading, I am formatting my http request to Riak as:

curl "http://<cluster IP>:8098/search/query/<riak-index>?wt=json&df=_yz_rk&fl=xxx,yyy&q={%21join+from=<inner_id>+to=<outer_id>}zzz:vvv" | jsonpp

The Riak listener will accept this query, but will return no documents. I've verified each half of the query returns data when queried standalone using the non-join notation.

Is anyone currently using Solr localparms notation successfully in Riak KV?