Riak Search indexing json

Colin Walker colin at musefind.com
Wed Feb 10 10:40:09 EST 2016

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the basic question but I couldn't find the answer in the
documentation. Does Riak search currently index documents sent as JSON? It
doesn't look like it from the basic tests that I've run. I am using the new
Solr search on Riak 2.1.3.

When I send data to the bucket using a Map type in the java client
everything is indexed and I can search for my data as expected. However,
when I send the same Java map as JSON I cannot find a way to search within
it. I am using the default index schema.

Thanks everyone!

Colin Walker