Riak Search indexing json

Colin Walker colin at musefind.com
Wed Feb 10 11:37:29 EST 2016

Thanks for the quick response everyone! It actually turned out I wasn't
using my bucket types correctly. The bucket type must correspond to the
Solr index I want to use, I know that now! Sorry for the confusion, I mixed
up my types and my buckets. Without your help it wouldn't have worked
though since I was serializing the JSON before giving it to Riak which was
unnecessary.

I did discover some interesting properties of allowing Riak to serialize
the json, versus serializing it before: I tested setting the content type
to json and Riak handled the indexing of it fine. The only difference is
that it doesn't seem to pick up the fields as map types and instead just
parses it directly into the Solr indices. I was doing this originally which
complicated the debugging since setting name_s to 'hello' would index the
field while just setting name to 'hello' would not index the field.