Riak search 2 returning multiple stale results for single record

Zeeshan Lakhani zlakhani at basho.com
Mon Feb 15 15:27:36 EST 2016

Hello Peter,

The cleanup for delete, as a call to SOLR, occurs after the reap happens in the backend, depending on delete_mode of course. Did you notice any Solr errors in the logs related to “failed to index” or something similar? Maybe the delete request never hit the solr_core/search_index, and, therefore, has stayed around as a sibling. The logs would help there. Have you set delete_mode to something specific (i.e. http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/ops/advanced/deletion/#Configuring-Object-Deletion <http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/ops/advanced/deletion/#Configuring-Object-Deletion>)?

I can tell you that the soon-to-be-released 2.0.7 and 2.2 releases fixes this with more aggressive tactics to handle deletes, especially around datatypes (I see that you’re using maps), instead of waiting for the call after the backend reap/removal.

Looking at previous threads, your W quorum value can also matter - http://riak-users.197444.n3.nabble.com/Deleted-keys-come-back-td4033536.html#a4033576 <http://riak-users.197444.n3.nabble.com/Deleted-keys-come-back-td4033536.html#a4033576>.

For you current situation, an updated re-PUT for those with siblings would resolve them, or via an internal solr cleanup call, or through a reindexing process. If you want to find me on IRC, we can discuss a few others tools we have that may help you get most of the way there until the new release, depending on the questions I asked in the first paragraph.

Thanks.

Zeeshan Lakhani
programmer |
software engineer at @basho