Regarding the number of partitions in riak cluser

Chathuri Gunawardhana lanch.gunawardhana at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 05:18:41 EST 2016

I'm running from the master version of this <https://github.com/basho/riak>.
I'm running on Ubuntu precise and have 10GB RAM,2 VCPUs and 100 GB hard
disk. Each instance is running a single riak node. Altogether I have 10
instances (for 512 partitions) and 20 for 1024 partitions. The cluster
works fine with 256 partitions or less, but not for more. And yes I have
enough bandwidth.

Thank you very much!

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 7:47 AM, Vitaly E <13vitamins at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Chathuri,
>
> Is it Riak KV? Which version?
>
> What hardware are you running your cluster on?
>
> How are the Riak nodes distributed over your physical machines?
>
> Do you have enough network bandwidth?
>
> Regards,
> Vitaly
>
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 12:35 AM, Chathuri Gunawardhana <
> lanch.gunawardhana at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> For an experiment I need to run riak (around 100 instances) with very
>> high number of partitions. But when I have 512 partitions even with 10 or
>> 20 instances, there are lot or timeouts with reads and writes and tale a
>> long time to start a node. Can you please tell me why this happens?
>>
>> Thank you very much!
>>
>> --
>> Chathuri Gunawardhana

Chathuri Gunawardhana