Testing On A Single Node

Joe Olson technology at nododos.com
Thu Feb 25 22:09:20 EST 2016

I am trying to set up a simple test environment. This environment consists of a single Riak KV node which has not joined a cluster.

I can populate the single un-clustered node with KV pairs just fine using curl.

However, when I stop the node, and then restart it, all the KV pairs that were written before the stop are gone.

Is there a way to get a non-cluster joined single node to reload KV data from disk, or is the only way for a restarted node to re-populate KV pairs from other nodes in a cluster?

I realize this is an edge case, and I only use it for Virtualbox testing.