Solr Error Handling

Jason Voegele jvoegele at basho.com
Fri Feb 26 11:17:28 EST 2016

On Feb 26, 2016, at 10:40 AM, Colin Walker <colin at musefind.com> wrote:
> Due to bad planning on my part, Solr is having trouble indexing some of the fields I am sending to it, specifically, I ended up with some string fields in a numerical field. Is there a way to retrieve the records from Riak that have thrown errors in sole?

Hi Colin,

Can you tell us what version of Riak you are running? In recent versions of Riak you can get this information by expiring the AAE trees for Yokozuna and then noting the objects that are flagged as not being indexable. See http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/ops/advanced/aae/#AAE-and-Riak-Search <http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/ops/advanced/aae/#AAE-and-Riak-Search> for some background info on AAE and Yokozuna, if needed.

Another possible option is to see if the the “_yz_err” field that is automatically created on certain error conditions might hold the information you need. See http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/dev/advanced/search-schema/ <http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/dev/advanced/search-schema/> for info on “_yz_err”.

--
Jason Voegele
When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional