CRDT appending

Vitaly E 13vitamins at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 08:09:19 EST 2016

Hi Eugene,

Which client are you using? Which Riak version?
In the Java client it is possible to send an update without fetching a CRDT
first.

For example:

MapUpdate changes = new MapUpdate()
        .update(ARTIFACT, new RegisterUpdate(artifact))
        .update(VERSIONS, new SetUpdate().add(version));
UpdateMap update = new UpdateMap.Builder(location, changes).build();
client.execute(update);

Also, take into account that there is a practical limitation of the size of
a CRDT. Usually it's up to 100-200 KB of raw data.

Regards,
Vitaly