Docker support

Sargun Dhillon sargun at sargun.me
Wed Jul 13 15:15:40 EDT 2016

I would discourage running Riak in Docker. If you use Docker in bridge
mode, then it becomes fairly difficult to deal with networking across
machines. If you run it in host mode, you run into issues with epmd in
the host network namespace. There are some workarounds to this, like
using third party networking solutions or swarm.

I'm curious though, for me to answer this question fully, what aspects
of Docker are you interested in using? Docker has evolved to be quite
the beast with dozens of different flags, levers, and switches. Which
ones are you planning on flipping?