Continuous HTTP POSTs to Riak

Qiang Cao caoqiang.cs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 18:23:34 EST 2016

Hi All,

I use Riak as a KV store and send http requests to its REST API to update
entries. Instead of using curl, I use Apache HttpClient to send requests.

One thing bothering me is that sometimes I find the entry isn't properly
updated after an HTTP POST/PUT. For example, if I do an HTTP GET on the
same key immediately after an HTTP POST, the chance is good that I get a
stale value. This happens when I continuously POST to a multi-node Riak,
and some of the posts target the same key.

Also, I find I don't have this issue if I use a single-node Riak. So I
think something wasn't correct with my multi-node Riak cluster (I set
"allow_mult" to false).  Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Qiang