[ANN] Announcing Riak KV 2.2.0

Charlie Voiselle cvoiselle at basho.com
Thu Nov 17 14:03:27 EST 2016

Today we are pleased to release Riak KV 2.2.0. Riak KV 2.2 continues Basho’s commitment to our customers and community to develop and deliver a highly resilient, high-performance, key-value database.

The new features include:
* Global Object Expiration in LevelDB
* LZ4 compression for LevelDB
* Support for HyperLogLog Data Types
* Improved Active Anti-Entropy Performance
* Cluster Job Controls
* Improvements to Riak Search (up to 5x faster ingest)
* Support for Debian 8 and Ubuntu 16

To get more information about the features, please review the blog post announcing Riak KV 2.2 <http://basho.com/posts/technical/riak-kv-2-2-release-highlights/> [1] and the Release Notes <http://docs.basho.com/riak/kv/2.2.0/release-notes/> [2].  Also, make sure you take a look at the Upgrade <http://docs.basho.com/riak/kv/2.2.0/setup/upgrading/cluster/> [3]/Downgrade <https://docs.basho.com/riak/kv/2.2.0/setup/downgrade/> [4] information when planning your upgrade.

For a demo or to talk to one of our Riak Solution Architects, please contact us <http://basho.com/contact/>.

Finally, thanks to the many Basho team members for their continued efforts working with our community and our customers on this new release of Riak KV.

Charlie Voiselle
Senior Product Manager - Riak KV, Basho Technologies
@angrycub

[1] - http://basho.com/posts/technical/riak-kv-2-2-release-highlights/
[2] - http://docs.basho.com/riak/kv/2.2.0/release-notes/
[3] - http://docs.basho.com/riak/kv/2.2.0/setup/upgrading/cluster/