A simple commit hook

Nick Marino nmarino at basho.com
Wed Nov 9 13:23:33 EST 2016

Hi Mav,

I've never written any commit hooks myself really, but it looks like we
have some examples you could check out here:

https://github.com/basho/riak_function_contrib

Additionally, if you haven't already, you should check out the official
Basho commit hook docs here:

http://docs.basho.com/riak/kv/2.1.4/developing/usage/commit-hooks/

Since commit hooks are written in Erlang and loaded directly into the Riak
node, you should be able to achieve any of those things that you mentioned
just by writing the appropriate Erlang code to do it. I know that may not
be super helpful to you if you don't know Erlang, but I believe that's the
only language we support for commit hooks at this time, so hopefully that's
not a showstopper.

Hope that helps!
Nick