Monitor RIAK process with Supervisord

vmalhotra varun.malhotra at minjar.com
Sat Oct 29 14:59:29 EDT 2016

We run 8 nodes RIAK cluster in our Prod environment. Lot of time, RIAK
process stops and we also noticed out of memory issues. Typically, we run
restart the affected node to recover from the issue. I thought of using
Supervisor to control the RIAK processes so the idea is if any of the
process crash SupervisorD daemon will automatically restart that process on
a crash.

Wanted to know what you guys think? Can it cause any other issue or it
should work fine?

Thanks in advance.