Riak cluster protected by firewall

Alex De la rosa alex.rosa.box at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 13:25:36 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I have a cluster of 5 nodes connected to each other and now I want to use
UFW to deny any  external incoming traffic into them but i will allow each
node to access between themselves. Which ports should i open
(pb_port,http_port,solr,...)? I connect via pbc but i may need more ports
open i guess.

A configurations like this (assuming is node_1):

ufw default deny incoming
ufw default allow outgoing
ufw allow 22 --> SSH (private keys)
ufw allow from <load_balancer> to any port 443 --> HTTPS (API that talks
with Riak locally via Python client)

ufw allow from <node_2> to any port <port_numbers>
ufw allow from <node_3> to any port <port_numbers>
ufw allow from <node_4> to any port <port_numbers>
ufw allow from <node_5> to any port <port_numbers>

Thanks!
Alex