Seeking Backup solution for live nodes

Matthew Von-Maszewski matthewv at basho.com
Mon Sep 26 10:13:16 EDT 2016

Neither.

The leveldb instance creates a snapshot of the current files and generates a working MANIFEST to go with them.  That means the snapshot is in “ready to run” condition.  This is based upon hard links for the .sst table files.

The user can then choose to copy that snapshot elsewhere, point a backup tool at it, and/or just leave it there for the five snapshot rotation.

One line cron job can kick off the snapshot.

Similar to using mySql hot backup.  You have the system generate the backup data, then you decide how to manage / store it.

Matthew