anti_entropy and solr taking up suspiciously large amounts of space

Fred Dushin fdushin at basho.com
Wed Apr 5 08:13:32 EDT 2017

Batching parameters only affect the update operations, so while deletes are relevant, none of the batching parameters will affect the issue you are seeing with TTLs that are only implemented in the back end.

One thing that might help, in the future, is the sweeper functionality, which is currently on the develop branch.  This allows you do do deletes in a way that all Riak subsystems are notified.  I don't have a timeline for the release of the next version of Riak that includes this functionality, but I can say that "it passes all the tests", FWIW.

-Fred