API question about conflict resolution and getValue(s)

Russell Brown russell.brown at icloud.com
Thu Apr 6 07:58:42 EDT 2017

Hi,
Which client are you using?

On 6 Apr 2017, at 12:48, ジョハンガル <gall.johan at linecorp.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a simple question regarding FetchValue.Response/getValue, FetchValue.Response/getValues and conflict resolution.
>
> In the documentation http://docs.basho.com/riak/kv/2.2.3/developing/usage/conflict-resolution/
> the described sequence is: "fetch -> getValue -> modify -> store"
> does: "fetch -> getValues -> ... pick one ... -> modify -> store", work?

The context you get from a fetch is the one you should send back with the resolved value, whatever strategy you use to converge the sibling values into a single value (even “pick one”!)

You should check the docs for the client library you use whether it handles passing the context around “behind” the scenes for you or not.

> Is the causal context from the implicitly resolved object obtained from getValue, the same than the causal context in the siblings recovered with getValues?

Is there a client that implicitly resolves siblings via a call to “getValue”? Even if there is, I would hope and expect that it uses the same causal context as it fetched, and should therefore be the same as the one returned by ”getValues”. If you let use know which client you use I could probably give a more certain answer.

Russell