How Riak Handle Request?

Christopher Meiklejohn christopher.meiklejohn at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 13:36:16 EDT 2017

On Sat, Apr 15, 2017 at 2:16 PM, Jing Liu <jingliu.cs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm learning Riak. I'm wondering that if this is the case that on
> each physical node, a single process is reading the connection,
> decoding the buffer, spawning a new process to process the request and
> then be able to handle next request from client?

Hi Jing,

Depending on what you're looking it, it might be handled differently.
Typically, a process pool is used to handle incoming requests, but
processing of the request itself is handled by several processes that
operate concurrently.

What specific operation are you referring to?

Thanks,
Christopher