Siblings on first write to a key

Daniel Abrahamsson hamsson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 03:20:08 EDT 2017

I've run into a case where I got a sbiling error/response on the first
ever write to a key. I would like to understand how this could happen.
Normally when you get siblings, it is because you have written a value
with an out-of-date vclock. But since this is the first write, there
is no vclock. Could someone shed some light on this for me?

It is worth to mention that the it took 3 seconds for Riak to deliver
the response, so it is possible there was some kind of network issue
at the time.

Here are some details about my setup:
Number of nodes: 8.
n_val: 5
write options: pw: 3 (quorum), return_body

Regards,
Daniel Abrahamsson