cluster clear without stopping node

Daniel Miller dmiller at dimagi.com
Wed Feb 8 16:33:16 EST 2017

According to the docs
<http://docs.basho.com/riak/kv/2.2.0/using/admin/commands/#clear>
“Running [riak-admin
cluster clear] will also stop the current node in addition to clearing any
staged changes.

Is there a way to clear the current cluster plan without stopping the
current node?

Even better (shameless feature request) would be to have a way to “replan”
the current plan. That is, clear the plan and then redo the currently
planned actions with a single command. Often I have a plan that ends up
with an uneven ring allocation and I’ve noticed that I can sometimes get a
better allocation if I clear and re-plan several times, but this is tedious.

Thanks!
Daniel
​