Confusion about node_puts and vnode_puts.

xiao新 luna.feng at foxmail.com
Wed Feb 15 05:09:32 EST 2017

Hi,

I am confused about the relation between the statistics "node_puts" and "vnode_puts", yes, I have read the user guide.
For instance, this is the output from "riak-admin status | grep node_puts", I don't understand why vnode_puts is much bigger(40 times) than node_puts, my cluster has 3 nodes.

        Line 178: node_puts : 568
	Line 179: node_puts_counter : 0
	Line 180: node_puts_counter_total : 0
	Line 181: node_puts_map : 0
	Line 182: node_puts_map_total : 0
	Line 183: node_puts_set : 0
	Line 184: node_puts_set_total : 0
	Line 185: node_puts_total : 55476
	Line 347: vnode_puts : 23888
	Line 348: vnode_puts_total : 10305729

vnode_putsNumber of PUT operations coordinated by local vnodes on this node in the last minute

node_putsNumber of PUTs coordinated by this node, where a PUT is sent to a local vnode in the last minute

Best Regards
Luna