Riak TS and downsampling?

Pavel Hardak pavel at basho.com
Tue Feb 28 21:05:37 EST 2017

Hi Jordan,

We are going to add GROUP BY time interval in Riak TS 1.6, tentatively
scheduled for late March or early April 2017. Additionally, you might
consider using Riak Spark Connector [1] to perform aggregations and
downsampling - this is available today. Depending on the amount of data,
using Spark might be more efficient option even after we add aggregation by
time.

[1] https://github.com/basho/spark-riak-connector

Best,
Pavel

*Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 16:17:57 +0000From: Jordan Ganoff
<jordan at ganoff.com <jordan at ganoff.com>>To: riak-users at lists.basho.com
<riak-users at lists.basho.com>Subject: Riak TS and downsampling?Message-ID:
      <CANOYW-zpuWk9uWPnfDWLYeV1j04-LmKywQWh_DfwDeRWMKHKVg at mail.gmail.com
<CANOYW-zpuWk9uWPnfDWLYeV1j04-LmKywQWh_DfwDeRWMKHKVg at mail.gmail.com>>Content-Type:
text/plain; charset="utf-8"Hi,Is it possible to downsample a table as part
of a query? Specifically, togroup and aggregate a given table's records at
a less granular level thanthe rows are stored in the table using an
aggregation technique. Most timeseries databases offer a way to either
precompute (reindex) at differentgranularities or query with an aggregation
function. I haven't foundanything like GROUP BY time(1h) in the docs. Am I
missing something?Thanks,Jordan*