Is every node share the same metadata ?

Alexander Sicular siculars at basho.com
Fri Jan 6 19:28:15 EST 2017

Hi Alex,

You seem to be referring to bitcask metadata. That metadata is loaded into
ram on each node. As you note, the bitcask capacity planner calculates ram
required by a cluster to service a certain number of keys. I think where
you are confused is that this metadata is not synced across the cluster. It
is specific to the data stored specifically on each node.

-Alexander

Alexander Sicular
Solutions Architect
Basho Technologies