Reg:Continuous Periodic crashes after long operation

Luke Bakken lbakken at basho.com
Thu Jan 26 10:37:25 EST 2017

Steven,

You may be able to get information via the lsof command as to what
process(es) are using many file handles (if that is the cause).

I searched for that particular error and found this GH issue:
https://github.com/emqtt/emqttd/issues/426

Which directed me to this page:
https://github.com/emqtt/emqttd/wiki/linux-kernel-tuning

Basho also has a set of recommended tuning parameters:
http://docs.basho.com/riak/kv/2.2.0/using/performance/

Do you have other error entries in any of Riak's logs at around the
same time as these messages? Particularly crash.log.

--
Luke Bakken
Engineer
lbakken at basho.com