Re: Udon - mrallen1 (Mark Allen) · GitHub

Russell Brown russell.brown at icloud.com
Sun Jul 9 17:24:32 EDT 2017

On 9 Jul 2017, at 21:54, Lloyd R. Prentice <lloyd at writersglen.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Just finished viewing Mark Allen's excellent 2015 Riak Core presentation and have been reviewing his Udon code on GitHub.
>
> https://github.com/mrallen1
>
> Now I have two Micky-the-Dunce questions:
>
> 1. Assuming a web-based system similar to Udon on a cluster of five physical cores with data distributed across three virtual nodes, can one enter and access the data through any one of the five physical nodes?
>
> In other words, can one put a load balancer in front of the five physical nodes to enter and access data regardless of where it's ultimately stored in the cluster?

Yes, usually the node that handles the request has access to both the ring (a routing table/mapping of partitions to nodes) and the hash function.

I haven’t looked at Udon, but a KV store on riak core is a very common thing. There are quite a few examples out there, the largest (and most complex) being Riak itself https://github.com/basho/riak