Re: Is Riak dead?

lloyd at writersglen.com lloyd at writersglen.com
Thu Jul 13 21:06:40 EDT 2017

Hi,

If there is enough interest, I'd be happy to do the legwork in Boston and put up a very modest contribution toward up-front cost with hope of recovery through registrations.

Boston has conference spaces of all sizes. I would imagine a conference on the future of open-source Riak would be a fairly intimate group. I'm also imagining a fairly bare-bones event to minimize cost of registration. Registration cost should be just enough to cover the venue and nibbles.

Just to kick off brain-storming:

1. Say two days--- Friday and Saturday
2. Friday: Invite short (20 minute) proposals on key topics
     a. Clarifying legal issues
     b. Technical road map
     c. Organizational framework; e.g. ala Apache Foundation or some such
     d. Marketing; e.g. expanding the open-source community
3. Saturday (or Saturday morning)
     Discussion sessions with goal of recommendations for moving forward

How to get from here to there:

1. Is there enough interest on the mailing list?
2. How can we pin down an agenda?
3. Can we get corporate sponsorships to minimize registration?
4. How can we most widely promote the event?
5. What else?

All the best,

Lloyd