Riak Java client question

Guido Medina gmedina at temetra.com
Thu Jun 22 04:49:33 EDT 2017

Hi,

I see now there is support for 2i which we needed in order to migrate to
2.x, there was another issue with the old client which forced us to
modify the client, such issue was related to the following, let me put
an example:

public class POJO {

   @RiakKey
   public String getKey() {
     // generate our own key
   }

   @RiakIndex("some-index")
   @JsonIgnore
   public String getSomeIndex() {
     // generate some index
   }

}

The following example should add "some-index" but ignore it as a Json
property, and as you can see the Riak key is a pseudo (computed)
property and has no setter, at some point Riak client 1.4.x required
that the key be a property which IMHO is a very poor design to require
the POJO to have some properties to hold internal Riak client values
between calls.

I'm wondering what's the current POJO support as we have been stuck for
years now with that old Riak client 1.4.x with our modifications, we are
afraid that one day it will simply not be supported anymore by a newer
Riak server.

Regards,

Guido.