Stopping solrq supervisor in log; What is this?

Fred Dushin fred at dushin.net
Thu Jun 22 17:46:29 EDT 2017

This might be a relatively benign message, which might be better at debug scope than info scope.  This would have been introduced in 2.0.8 or 2.2.2 or later.

Essentially, there are solq supervisors for each partition/index pair (for each partition on a node), and when these supervisors start or stop (e.g., when an index is deleted, or when the ring is rebalanced), you should get these log entries.  There may be less common scenarios that cause a solrq supervisor to start/stop (other than, of course, start/stop of the Riak node), but they shouldn't be occurring regularly.

-Fred