Riak TS Performance for analytical queries

Daniel Eberhardt daniel.eberhardt at exxcellent.de
Mon Jun 19 04:13:18 EDT 2017

Hi,

I’m a software engineer from Germany and testing the performance of a
single-node Riak TS 1.40 via the Java Client at the moment.

Therefore I query statements like ‘select sum(value) from tsdata where
time > '" + day + "' and time < '" + tomorrow + "';"’

Now I’ve recognised the following issue: The first query I sent to Riak TS
is always incredible slow, but the queries I start afterwards, are more
than 20x faster. And while executing these queries, it doesn’t matter if I
query the same data or other data in another table/bucket.

Do you have any reasons for this behaviour? I would be interested to know
why the first query is so slow and whether this behaviour is usual.

Thank you in advance.

Daniel

Daniel Eberhardt

Dualer Student - Wirtschaftsinformatik

eXXcellent solutions

Beim Alten Fritz 2
89075 Ulm
+49 731 550 26 770

 <mailto:daniel.eberhardt at exxcellent.de> daniel.eberhardt at exxcellent.de

 <http://www.exxcellent.de> www.exxcellent.de

eXXcellent solutions gmbh
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Martina Burgetsmeier,
Gerhard Gruber, Wilhelm Zorn
Sitz und Registergericht: Ulm, HRB-Nr. 4309