riak-cs fails to start after reimporting Docker container

Luca Favatella luca.favatella at erlang-solutions.com
Wed Mar 8 09:04:04 EST 2017

On 6 March 2017 at 03:49, Toby Corkindale <toby at dryft.net> wrote:

> I tried quite hard to get Riak to work reliably in a Docker container, in
a long-term-use kind of way.
> Riak would never shutdown cleanly, though, and so at startup there would
always be lots of lock files left around that had to be deleted first.

> Riak is not well-behaved after a rough shutdown -- whether in a Docker
container, or running on bare metal. Tends to require sysadmin intervention
to clean things up.

> If you're running it in a Docker container, you need to figure out a way
to capture the incoming SIGTERM and then use that to shutdown Riak cleanly.
I never got that far.

Hi,

FYI

I opened a ticket for tracking wish to use SIGTERM for stopping Riak KV:
  https://github.com/basho/riak/issues/899

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Regards
Luca