Fwd: Object not found after successful PUT on S3 API

Luke Bakken lbakken at basho.com
Wed Mar 8 14:57:33 EST 2017

> Thanks for taking the time to look into this Luke. I should have asked
more questions when I setup the configuration for leveldb backend since
there is no clear documentation for how configure CS with leveldb only.

The reason for this is that a leveldb-only configuration is neither
supported nor tested. I re-read your previous thread and found this message
which gave instructions to not use the multi backend (https://goo.gl/BL6HXI).
At this time, I believe those to be incorrect instructions and that you
still must use riak_cs_kv_multi_backend where each sub-backend is
riak_kv_eleveldb_backend.

> Do you have a recommendation to get my data to a new state? Like will it
work if I create new nodes and replace each existing node with a new node
configured correctly? Or do I need a more involved migration process?

Since you are changing your backend configuration completely, the best path
forward is to set up an entirely new cluster and re-save your data there
through the API. As I mentioned in my last email, there is no guarantee
your current data isn't corrupted somehow.

--
Luke Bakken
Engineer
lbakken at basho.com