Cannot add node to cluster: ring_creation_size

Scites, Troy Troy_Scites at comcast.com
Wed Mar 8 14:45:17 EST 2017

Hello,

I have 3 nodes in a development environment that were configured in a cluster.  It was working fine until one of the servers crashed.  I tried clearing the data directory and was able to removed the crashed node from the cluster.  When I try to add the third node back in, I get the following error:
Failed: riak@<node> has a different ring_creation_size

All 3 nodes have ring_size set to 64 in the riak.conf.  Has anyone experienced this error and have a suggestion for adding the node back into the ring?

Thanks,
Troy
--
Troy J Scites